Your bedroom is a place for you to go and relax after a long day at work.
You want it to look and feel relaxing and comforting. To help redefine your
bedroom and give it a new look, check out some of the decorating tips below.
1. Bring on the pillows. Mix and match patterns to create a unique
look. The more pillows, the better.
2. Add in some of your own artwork. Instead of having a blank wall,
put some of your own artwork up.
3. Let patterns go to work for you. Add in a printed bedspread to
help spruce up the color and style of your bedroom.
4. Add some prints to your accent pieces. Prints aren’t just for
bedspreads. They look amazing on lampshades and throw pillows.
5. Let the walls work for you. Affix a nightstand or lamp to the wall
to save space and spruce up your room.
6. Let your inner you come out. Your bedroom should be an expression
of your personality. Go a little off the norm with your decorating
7. Be consistent. Color and curvature of your bedroom should be
mimicked by the decorations on your wall.
8. Your bedroom should be comfortable. Use comforters that are
perfect for snuggling up with your significant other.
9. Pick a focal point. Angle one of your favorite pieces of furniture
in your bedroom to make it the focal point. It can make better use of your
space as well.
10. Don’t overlook the importance of scale. Low beds need smaller
fixtures, while four-poster beds need a large fixture.
11. Mount your source of light on the wall. This cuts back on the amount
of space needed on your nightstand. Multi-watt bulbs are perfect for
adjusting the amount of light needed.
12. Bring on the color. If you are looking for a splash of color without
having to redesign your entire room and make it purple, add in touches of
color with artwork and accessories.
13. Don’t ignore the floor. Try adding a splash of color into your room
with a brightly colored rug.
14. Add layers of color. Saturate your room with your favorite color
using different tones and hues to create a layered look.
15. Add neutrals for warmth. Soft lighting can add warmth to your room.