With the power of hair dye, we can change our hair to whatever color we desire. However, different hair colors work well on different people, and as you should know, not all hair is created equal. Some people can pull of blonde hair, and others stand out in a negative way if they try it. There are some who can try alternative colors, and those who look weird if they do it. How do you know which color is right for you?
It all depends on your skin tone, really. Different skin can give you different results. A good rule is if you have cool-colored skin, you should pick a cool color when your dye your hair, and if your skin has a warm tone, pick warm colors.
What are cool and warm colors? A cool color includes colors blue through violet, with black including on the spectrum. Meanwhile, warm colors include yellow through red, as well as tan.
Of course, this is just a rule of thumb. Try experimenting to see what looks best on you. Here are a few other pointers you should know:
• When dyeing, go for a color that has, at the most two shades darker or lighter than what your current color is.
• Dye when your hair is not washed. It will be oily, and that will cause your hair to protect itself against the dyes.
• A semi-permanent color can only be darker. It won’t lighten.
• Read the instructions to see how long you should keep the dye on.
• If you mess up, use a clarifying shampoo to see if you can fix it. Do not use another box of hair dye.
• If you keep messing up, go see a professional. The extra price is nothing compared to what they can do for your hair.