Oftentimes, people find themselves in situations where they take the blame for something that happened that they couldn’t control. They feel like they have no other option than to take the blame for something that went wrong, even though there is no reason why they should. Here are a few things that people like you tend to accept responsibility for that they shouldn’t.
Don’t allow the guilt and frustration to take over your life.
1. Your emotions. Who cares how much you cry or how passionate you are about something you care about? You can never have too many feelings.
2. The way you deal with your emotions. Write your feelings down in a letter. Scream at the top of your lungs. Slam a door. Whatever it takes to make yourself feel better. Don’t feel ashamed to express yourself.
3. Being rejected by someone else. Just because someone else doesn’t like the way you look or the way you did your hair, that doesn’t mean you have to let it control how you feel and who you are.
4. Little failures. Everyone makes mistakes. If you can forgive someone else when they screw up, why not forgive yourself as well?
5. Someone else’s circumstances. Just because someone might be able to do something or eat certain foods, that doesn’t mean you should follow their lead. Do what makes you happy.
6. Your needs. The things you need aren’t going to be the same as everyone else around you. If you need something different than someone else, so be it.
7. The guilty pleasures in life. Find something that you enjoy and indulge yourself. Everyone deserves to have something that they truly enjoy in life. Don’t be ashamed of it. Embrace it.
8. Being terrible at something. No one can be perfect at everything.
There is nothing wrong with not being able to do something.
9. Putting yourself first. You need to be connected with your heart, soul and mind first before you can ever have a relationship with someone else.
10. Trusting the wrong person. Everyone has some type of flaw or another.
Don’t blame yourself just because you thought someone was good and they weren’t. You don’t want to be alone for fear of not being able to trust someone.