At one point, most babies will suffer from a diaper rasher. It might be caused by a wet diaper that stayed on for too long or because of underlying infections or bacteria. To treat your baby’s rash and avoid re-occurrence, follow these tips.
1. Always wash your hands before and after changing your baby’s diaper.
2. Change your baby’s diaper frequently and right after it gets wet or soiled.
3. Use plain water or a mild cleanser to clean your baby’s bottom.
4. Don’t rub the area. Pat dry it.
5. Don’t use wipes that contain alcohol.
6. Use a squirt bottle to wash the area properly. Do not rub the sore skin.
7. If your baby has a serious rash try to let him/her go diaper-free for as much as possible. Airing out that zone will make it heal faster.
8. To soothe your baby’s pain use baby powder or cream and put it on the clean diaper.