Make your own appetizers at home, whether by day or night. It can also be economical, if you think about it!
For 2 dozen rolls:
• 20-24 egg roll wrappers (thawed, if frozen)
• 1 pound ground chicken
• 1 cup carrot, shredded
• 1 cup cabbage, shredded
• 1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1, 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
• 3 tablespoons water
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
• 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon rice wine (or white wine)
• kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• vegetable or peanut oil, for frying, plus 1 tablespoon
Heat the vegetable oil at medium heat and cook the ground chicken. Then season the onion and put the chicken in a bowl aside. Put green onion, garlic, and ginger on heat for 5 minutes then add the chicken to them. Add the sauces and wine and let them all cook for 1 minute. Put the mix on baking sheet to cool.
Mix water and cornstarch to create mixture. Preheat vegetable oil, while wrapping the rolls with the stuffing inside. Once rolled, fry them in the oil and enjoy!