Here's how to make the perfect cheese toastie, according to French cheese expert Anthony Femi!
1. Butter a side of each bread slice. Place on a tray, buttered side down.
2. In a bowl, mix cheese and shallots before combing with crème fraiche
3. Distribute cheese mix over the 4 slices in the same thickness as the bread slide. Top them with remaining 4 slices of bread, also butter side up.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Then, place sandwiches in pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes till underside is golden brown and cheese starts to melt.
5. Brush the top of the sandwiches with wine and make sure it soaks well. Flip the sandwiches and press firmly.
6. Cook another 2 minutes, until undersides are golden brown and brush the top with wine. Serve immediately and sprinkle with salt.
Take pictures and show us your delicious masterpieces!